Class 1 historically designated "The Giannini Residence" located in South Palm Springs in coveted Araby Cove. The Giannini Family were the first inhabitants associated with this spectacular view home back in 1926 and were the founders of Bank of America. The property was a refuge from the Desert for them in Araby Cove which is one of the first and oldest subdivisions in Palm Springs. Back in 1926 (although heavy timber on the porch is carved with a 1925 date) Araby Cove was considered "out in the boonies" as they say. It was idyllic then as it is today with tremendous views overlooking the Desert floor and has a sense then and now of being away from it all yet all of it being so close. The property was constructed with board formed, poured in place concrete and finely cut locally quarried stone over the concrete walls which is reminiscent of the arts and crafts movement flourishing from the 1880s through the 1930s. The property also features a basement and a bank type vault that would be congruent with the banking Giannini Family. A large Albert Frey designed carport addition was added in the 1980s creating a beautiful sun and star gazing deck on top and shade for the cars underneath. The current owners also made a thoughtful South addition gourmet chefs kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances, coffee bar area and butlers pantry with adjacent formal dining room. The addition of the chefs kitchen and formal dining room pours out through sets of glass doors to a South facing patio. Just up a few steps is the classic (and updated) kidney shaped pool and circular spa. Back inside, the primary suite bedroom also has an adjacent seating area with a large bath and vanity area. Two other bedrooms share a Jack and Jill bath and one additional bedroom is currently being used as a den. Remember, the house is on a hillside so this affords an area below the living area that is quite large in nature. It is currently being used as a storage area and laundry facility but could be a multitude of things. This home has only changed hands twice in the past 70 years (while being almost 100 years old) for a reason the quality and craftsmanship of the original property with thoughtful augmentations through the decades coupled with some of the best siting creates a very special environment that will last for many generations forward.